What you get to do
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide developers from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
The successful candidate will be a high-energy, goal-oriented individual with work experience in data driven, IoT and cloud products environments, as well as an acceptable combination of experience and education. The candidate selected will be a leader in their field and passionate about completing their work in a safe and high-quality manner.
- Manage product planning and development through day-to-day collaboration and decision making with a cross-functional team including architects, engineers, developers, designers and business or subject matter representatives
- Direct and drive usability studies to inform product requirements and influence product design and experience
- Evaluate and analyse metrics that measure and benchmark product success
- Recommend and plan innovative products and features
- Drive optimization and process improvements between product, design, site management, and engineering teams
- Hold engineering team accountable to agree upon processes and schedules
- Maintain product backlog and lead regular prioritization with business unit owners, stakeholders and leadership
- Manage product defect backlog, determines priority of defects and ensures assignment to appropriate team
- Plan the structure of work teams, succession planning, external hires and internal transfers
- Assemble and supervise department Works with other engineering managers to align on vision, strategy and roadmap
- Ensures relevancy of product across international customers
- Monitor Industry for new product innovations, competitors, and emerging technologies
- Create business case for new technologies and leads evaluation / proof of concept efforts
- Assist in recruiting and training of the professional staff (product owners, engineers, programmers, and technicians)
Communicate with end users and clients to discuss their needs in term of product specifications and requirements and to ensue meeting deadlines
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Well-equipped offices in Burnaby, BC
- 100% coverage on benefit package
- Flexible vacation policy
- You’ll be working among other “A” players
- Growing company
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering management, computer science, related business administration field or equivalent practical experience (Master’s degree is a plus)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a product manager, system development manager in technology-based platforms with strong examples of owning product/service launches in web, IoT, cloud and embedded system software products.
- 2+ years of owning and managing hardware systems and products (HPM)
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Experience with agile development and management
- Experience in the following core areas: Cloud infrastructure, software as a service, big data, security and privacy, DevOps, artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, customer support, finance or marketing is an asset.
- Industry experience working on different operating systems, or in software in a system on a chip (SoC) or original equipment manufacturer (OEM) context.
- Good academic knowledge and experience in people management an asset.
- Strong knowledge and experience in creating product roadmaps, defining goals, KPIs and team OKRs.
- Highly skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the capacity to teach others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience planning for both hardware and software quality assurance systems in both manual and automated QA
- Experience with Microsoft Azure dev-ops is an asset
- Hands on experience using design applications like Figma or other similar tools
- Experience owning products in IoT, web applications, Android/iOS and cloud native applications.
- Good knowledge of .NET framework is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL server
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficiency in English language required for effective internal/external communication
Who you are
- Thrive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to drive initiatives and ideas
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content
- Quick learner and adapts as our systems and situations change
- Good people skills/interpersonal abilities
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, objective oriented
- Not afraid to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn/perform while pushing the team to do the same
Who we are
RIGID ROBOTICS Inc. is a Burnaby-based tech company that has been disrupting the open-pit mining space since 2012. The need for minerals used for clean and renewable energy will grow to 500% by 2050. We help by modernizing the resource industry with innovations that enable smart and sustainable mining, ultimately enabling automation. Today, our technology platform empowers mine operators to make split second decisions by providing real-time data that is accurate and actionable. On top of our world-class platform, our team is building an intelligent suite of products all in support of autonomous mining. We are an entrepreneurial firm and are always looking for the right people to join our fast-growing team.
RIGID ROBOTICS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local laws.