What you get to do
As an experienced Cloud Architect, you set the standards and improve on the core responsibilities of availability, performance, efficiency, security, change management, and capacity planning of our Cloud solutions that are hosted in Microsoft Azure. You continuously improve the monitoring capabilities, including alerts, to make sure that our cloud solutions are highly available in a performant and secure way. You provide input for enhancements and preventive maintenance to the relevant development team(s). You train and coach junior Cloud Operations Engineers and get them to a higher level.
- Work closely with various business stakeholders to gather their requirements for documenting and designing the overall cloud technology on the solution.
- Understanding technology trends and analyzing technical information is necessary for the design and development of cloud connectivity, cloud networking, security components, and other cloud services.
- Optimize enterprise-scale cloud platforms and evaluate their performance and reliability by planning, designing, and delivering data, process, and network models.
- Provide consistent recommendations while coordinating and collaborating with technical teams to define cloud architectural standards and best practices.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and assess cloud-based resources.
- Implement solutions that exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, reusability, and reliability.
- Coordinate and lead infrastructure and security team members in the development and implementation of cloud services and systems for the platform, data engineering, machine learning, and analytics projects.
- Optimize new and already provisioned solutions for cost.
- Develop implementation plans and execute them through hands-on execution, monitoring, and support for all components within the cloud tenant, including operational responsibilities.
- Conceptualize scalable production solutions and develop software-defined cloud platform infrastructure for large Hybrid Cloud engagements.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Well-equipped offices in Burnaby, BC
- 100% coverage on benefit package
- Flexible vacation policy
- You’ll be working among other “A” players
- Growing company
What you bring
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology (Master’s degree is a plus).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in an IT environment and 2+ years of experience as a cloud architect, cloud infrastructures engineer, and cloud administrator.
- Microsoft Azure designations and certifications are considered an asset (AZ-104, AZ-204, or AZ-305).
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure platform solutions (compute, storage, networking, data services, cloud infrastructure, software as a service, security, and privacy, artificial intelligence/machine learning, etc.).
- Expertise in two or more knowledge areas of the Microsoft Azure and PaaS (Azure SQL, App Services, AKS, containers, etc.) and Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights, and Log Analytics.
- Hands-on experience migrating workloads to Microsoft Azure utilizing Migration tools.
- Experience writing IaC templates (ARM, Pulumi).
- Ability to clearly articulate technical challenges and communicate with clients.
- Hands-on experience with additional on-premise and cloud services.
- Experience in CI/CD and application lifecycle management.
- Strong coding and scripting skills i.e., PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.
- Considerable knowledge and application of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Considerable experience with Azure DevOps and other version control systems.
- Excellent understanding and hands-on experience in architecting and delivering Cloud Application Development and Management (both support and new application development)
- Able to work with Agile methodologies.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, cloud migrations, and technology management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in resolving issues with complex systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- High energy and passionate individual who is inspired to reach maximum potential.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate within a distributed team as well as with other departments at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in the English language is required for effective internal/external communication.
- Nice to have Familiarity with IT security best practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management.
- Nice to have an Understanding of BI & analytic tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and SAP Business.
Who you are
- Thrive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to drive initiatives and ideas
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content
- Quick learner and adapts as our systems and situations change
- Good people skills/interpersonal abilities
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, objective oriented
- Not afraid to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn/perform while pushing the team to do the same
Who we are
RIGID ROBOTICS Inc. is a Burnaby-based tech company that has been disrupting the open-pit mining space since 2012. The need for minerals used for clean and renewable energy will grow to 500% by 2050. We help by modernizing the resource industry with innovations that enable smart and sustainable mining, ultimately enabling automation. Today, our technology platform empowers mine operators to make split second decisions by providing real-time data that is accurate and actionable. On top of our world-class platform, our team is building an intelligent suite of products all in support of autonomous mining. We are an entrepreneurial firm and are always looking for the right people to join our fast-growing team.
RIGID ROBOTICS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local laws.